On January 1, 2016, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development — adopted by world leaders in September 2015 at an historic UN Summit — officially came into force. Over the next fifteen years, with these new Goals that universally apply to all, countries will mobilize efforts to end all forms of poverty, fight inequalities and tackle climate change, while ensuring that no one is left behind.
UN News Center – Development
Lead UN Agencies
- UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- United Nations Development Program
- World Health Organization
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- UN Environment Program
- The complete list of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Women and the SDGs
- Partnerships for the SDGs
The SDGs in DC
A look at the people and organizations working toward the SDGs in and around Washington, DC.
Download high-resolution images of the SDG icons and other related materials.