United Nations organizations work with humanitarian partners around the world to identify the most critical humanitarian needs, plan responses and determine the budgets needed to address them. At the country level, they help partners to build common strategies and implementation plans and to appeal for funds as a group. This ensures that resource mobilization and financing are based on a thorough needs evaluation, making aid more effective, efficient and predictable.
For the most recent updates on the UN’s work to address the “Four Famines” please visit OCHA’s interactive site.
UN News Center – Humanitarian Aid
- UN agency envoy Cate Blanchett warns of ‘race against time’ as Rohingya refugee camps brace for monsoon rains
- Somalia: Poor rains forecast put food security, livelihoods at risk, warns UN agency
- With Caribbean still rebuilding after devastating storms, UNICEF helping to boost resilience ahead of next hurricane season
Lead UN Agencies
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- World Food Program