United Nations organizations work with humanitarian partners around the world to identify the most critical humanitarian needs, plan responses and determine the budgets needed to address them. At the country level, they help partners to build common strategies and implementation plans and to appeal for funds as a group. This ensures that resource mobilization and financing are based on a thorough needs evaluation, making aid more effective, efficient and predictable.
For the most recent updates on the UN’s work to address the “Four Famines” please visit OCHA’s interactive site.
UN News Center – Humanitarian Aid
- More than 3,400 classrooms damaged or destroyed by Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, says UN Children’s Fund
- Thursday’s Daily Brief: impact of bad working conditions, Syria and Libya humanitarian news, human rights in Bahrain, families reunified in South Sudan
- ‘Foreign children’ in overwhelmed Syrian camp need urgent international help, says top UN official
Lead UN Agencies
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- World Food Program