United Nations organizations work with humanitarian partners around the world to identify the most critical humanitarian needs, plan responses and determine the budgets needed to address them. At the country level, they help partners to build common strategies and implementation plans and to appeal for funds as a group. This ensures that resource mobilization and financing are based on a thorough needs evaluation, making aid more effective, efficient and predictable.
For the most recent updates on the UN’s work to address the “Four Famines” please visit OCHA’s interactive site.
UN News Center – Humanitarian Aid
- Risk grows of ‘catastrophic humanitarian fallout’ in Syria’s Idlib, where 3 million are trapped: top UN officials urge unity in Security Council
- Humanitarian situation increasingly dire for displaced Syrians stranded in camp near Jordanian border
- Wednesday’s Daily Brief: climate challenges for the Pacific, new global health tool, updates on Yemen, the Gulf and Somalia
Lead UN Agencies
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- World Food Program