22-26 July 2019
Monday 22 July
The World Health Organization launches its Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic-2019. Add link Monday
The 67th session of the Committee against Torture of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights opens today and continues until 9 August. The Human Rights Council Advisory Committee also opens today and will continue until 26 July. The 71st Session of the International Law Commission continues until 9 August.
Tuesday, 23 July
The Security Council holds an open debate on the Middle East, including the Palestinian question.
UNAIDS Executive Director Gunilla Carlsson briefs reporters at UNHQ on the UNAIDS Global AIDS Update and a related report.
Wednesday, 24 July
The Security Council hold briefings and consultations on the UN Peacekeeping Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, sanctions in the DR Congo, and UNOWAS, the UN Office for West Africa and the Sahel.
Thursday, 25 July
The Security Council holds consultations on the Middle East (Syria).
In case you missed it:
· For This Week at the UN in 60 Seconds, watch here
· Remembering the visit of Apollo 11 astronauts to UNHQ after their trip to the moon
· ‘Emulate his example’ urges UN chief as world celebrates Nelson Mandela
· Inclusive peace in Afghanistan means ‘women at the center,’ UN deputy chief urges
· World Health Organization declares Ebola outbreak in Congo an emergency
· UN humanitarian chief demands an end to carnage amid intensifying attacks in Syria
· Envoy hopeful that war in Yemen is ending
· ‘Transformative shift’ in family-friendly work policies to reap ‘huge’ benefits: UNICEF
For more information:
- For a complete schedule: http://bit.ly/2iQpxx7.
- To find out which events will be webcast see: http://unwebtv.live/schedule.
- UN News Centre: https://news.un.org/en/
- UN Secretary-General: https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/sg/secretary-generals-speeches
- UN Security Council: https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/
- UN Spokesperson: http://www.un.org/sg/en/spokesperson