WFP WAS – Programme Assistant G5
Assisting 80 million people in around 80 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
We are seeking to fill the position of Programme Assistant G5 in WFP Washington Office (WAS).
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Applicants must be a US citizen or legal resident and must reside within commuting distance of
the duty station in Washington
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience
Other knowledge and skills required:
- Demonstrated ability working in transaction processing, with strict attention to detail and high level of accuracy: working in corporate accounting/ERP systems (e.g. SAP etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to track accurately transactional details and to present overall status in a meaningful fashion
- Proficiency in computer use and knowledge including Microsoft package, excel, word, PPT etc.
- Possess competencies of teamwork, organizational skills, initiative and flexibility
- Knowledge of US Government food assistance programs – particularly humanitarian – is desirable.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/FAO level C) of English.
- Applicants must be a US citizen or legal resident with valid working permit and must reside within commuting distance of the duty station.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28 November 2018
Ref: To apply for this position: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=101587&company=C0000168410P&username=
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status